9h-12h: morning session: presentations, facilitated discussions, coffee break
14h-18h: afternoon session: presentations, facilitated discussions, coffee break
19h-21h:reporting session: conclusions & comparing notes
Day 1 and day 2 (in
- NaturalDisasters, Complex Humanitarian Emergencies and International Relief Operations,
- Public Health Crises, including Communicable Diseases
Day 3 and day 4 (in
- Prehospital Preparedness for Mass Emergency Situations
- MASH general hospital Preparedness in view of major internal & external emergencies For each scenario/sectors there will be a number of introductions and presentations to stimulate discussion and exchange of ideas, amongst others: on
- the Sphere Project (Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in DisasterResponse), Humanitarian Accountability Project, the Quality Platform, ALNAP, HPNHumanitarian Practice Network, i-R
- epidemiological databases like CRED (Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters), ADPC (
) Asia Disaster Preparedness Center
- the WHO-HAC Phuket Papers and lessons learned from the 2004 Asian tsunami
- pandemic preparedness in Europe,
- the conclusions of the 4th Joint EC/ECDC/WHO Workshop on Pandemic Influenza Preparedness of 25-27 September 2007
- the Melbourne E&T program
- the WHO-EU discussion paper on recent health crises in the WHO European Region
national training program for psychosocial support in Luxembourg
- E&T for Saudi Hospitals, for the
- Prehospital health services in
Greece, Belgium, the Netherlands,Australi
- the Bologna Bachelor/Master standard
- training program for health professionals and continuing medical education
- academic BaMa level
The 1st Benelux Workshop will be followed in the next 20 months by similar meetings in Asia,
Venue The Workshops Conference will be held on day 1 and day 2 at the Amazone Conference centre in 1030
The standard fee for the four-day workshop of 600 EURO is inclusive of the cost of workshops, documents; modest standard accommodation (medium single room) for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Night, group transport between Brussels-Arnhem and back; breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks, and dinner from Day 1 to Day 4. Additional nights can be booked at a rate of 100 euro/night. WADEM-member rate for the standard Conference Package is 550 EURO.
Cancellations received in writing by October 14 will be accepted and fees refunded less a 100.00 EURO administration fee. Cancellations after this date cannot be accepted; however transfer of registration to another person will be accepted.
Conference fees can be paid by VISA credit card (please write or fax to contact address) or by international money transfer to the following account.
BANK ACCOUNT FOR PAYMENTS :
FORTIS BANK, WARANDEBERG 3, 1000
Participants can also choose to attend one or more days at a rate of 150 euro/day. For special
arrangements, e.g. double rooms or individual bookings of accommodation or transport please write for more information.
Further Information and Contact Address
Participants requiring further information or interested persons wanting to send in contributions or comments, please contact Dr. Geert Seynaeve
Fax: +32 2 2156469
Powered by ScribeFire.